1. Culleton BF, Manns BJ, Zhang J, et al. Impact of anemia on hospitalization and mortality in older adults. Blood. 2006;107(10):3841-3846.
2. Killip S, Bennett JM, Chambers MD. Iron deficiency anemia. Am Fam Physician. 2007;75(5):671-678.
3. McDonagh M, Cantor A, Bougatsos C, et al. Routine Iron Supplementation and Screening for Iron Deficiency Anemia in Pregnant Women: A Systematic Review to Update the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation. Evidence Syntheses, No. 123. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (US); 2015.
4. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Iron deficiency—United States, 1999-2000. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2002;51(40):897-899.
5. Camaschella C. Iron-deficiency anemia. N Engl J Med. 2015;372(19):1832-1843.
6. Short MW, Domagalski JE. Iron deficiency anemia: evaluation and management. Am Fam Physician. 2013;87(2):98-104.
7. Johnson-Wimbley TD, Graham DY. Diagnosis and management of iron deficiency anemia in the 21st century. Therap Adv Gastroenterol. 2011;4(3):177-184.
8. Recommendations to prevent and control iron deficiency in the United States. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. MMWR Recomm Rep. 1998;47(RR-3):1-29.
9. Murphy MF, Wallington TB, Kelsey P, et al. Guidelines for the clinical use of red cell transfusions. Br J Haematol. 2001;113(1):24-31.
10. National Institutes of Health Office of Dietary Supplements. Dietary Supplement Fact Sheet: Iron