1. Smythe MA, Mehta TP, Koerber JM, et al. Development and implementation of a comprehensive heparin-induced thrombocytopenia recognition and management protocol. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2012;69(3):241-248.
2. Cuker A, Arepally G, Crowther MA, et al. The HIT Expert Probability (HEP) Score: a novel pre-test probability model for heparin-induced thrombocytopenia based on broad expert opinion. J Thromb Haemost. 2010;8(12):2642-2650.
3. Bakchoul T, Greinacher A. Recent advances in the diagnosis and treatment of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia. Ther Adv Hematol. 2012;3(4):237-251.
4. Zhang R, Huang Y, Zhang M, et al. Serum antibodies to the heparin/platelet factor 4 complex are an independent predictor of thrombotic complications following pediatric fontan surgery. Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 2012;18(5):448-452.
5. Linkins LA, Dans AL, Moores LK, et al. Treatment and prevention of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia: Antithrombotic Therapy and Prevention of Thrombosis, 9th ed: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines. Chest. 2012;141(2 Suppl):e495S-e530S.
6. Shantsila E, Lip GY, Chong BH. Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia: a contemporary clinical approach to diagnosis and management. Chest. 2009;135(6):1651-1664.