1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. HIV/AIDS Statistics Overview. http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/statistics/overview/index.html. Accessed 2015.
2. Quinn TC, Wawer MJ, Sewankambo N, et al. Viral load and heterosexual transmission of human immunodeficiency virus type 1. Rakai Project Study Group. N Engl J Med. 2000;342(13):921-929.
3. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Recommendations for the use of antiretroviral drugs in pregnant HIV-1-infected women for maternal health and interventions to reduce perinatal HIV transmission in the United States. https://aidsinfo.nih.gov/contentfiles/lvguidelines/perinatalgl.pdf. Accessed 2015.
4. Centers for Diease Control and Prevention. Preexposure prophylaxis for the prevention of HIV infection in the United States—2014. A clinical practice guideline. http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/guidelines/index.html. Accessed 2015.
5. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Guidelines for the use of antiretroviral agents in HIV-1 infected adults and adolescents. http://aidsinfo.nih.gov/contentfiles/lvguidelines/adultandadolescentgl.pdf. Accessed 2015.