1. Hall NJ, Ron O, Eaton S, et al. Surgery for hydrocele in children—an avoidable excess? J Pediatr Surg. 2011;46(12):2401-2405.
2. Koutsoumis G, Patoulias I, Kaselas C. Primary new-onset hydroceles presenting in late childhood and pre-adolescent patients resemble the adult type hydrocele pathology. J Pediatr Surg. 2014;49(11):1656-1658.
3. Gahukamble DB, Khamage AS. Prospective randomized controlled study of excision versus distal splitting of hernial sac and processus vaginalis in the repair of inguinal hernias and communicating hydroceles. J Pediatr Surg. 1995;30(4):624-625.
4. Alp BF, Irkilata HC, Kibar Y, et al. Comparison of the inguinal and scrotal approaches for the treatment of communicating hydrocele in children. Kaohsiung J Med Sci. 2014;30(4):200-205.
5. Yang XD, Wu Y, Xiang B, et al. Ten year experience of laparoscopic repair of pediatric hydrocele and the long-term follow-up results [published online ahead of print July 14, 2015]. J Pediatr Surg.
6. Swartz MA, Morgan TM, Krieger JN. Complications of scrotal surgery for benign conditions. Urology. 2007;69(4):616-619.
7. Ku JH, Kim ME, Lee NK, et al. The excisional, plication and internal drainage techniques: a comparison of the results for idiopathic hydrocele. BJU Int. 2001;87(1):82-84.
8. Miroglu C, Tokuc R, Saporta L. Comparison of an extrusion procedure and eversion procedures in the treatment of hydrocele. Int Urol Nephrol. 1994;26(6):673-679.
9. Lund L, Kloster A, Cao T. The long-term efficacy of hydrocele treatment with aspiration and sclerotherapy with polidocanol compared to placebo: a prospective, double-blind, randomized study. J Urol. 2014;191(5):1347-1350.
10. Emir L, Sunay M, Dadali M, et al. Endoscopic versus open hydrocelectomy for the treatment of adult hydroceles: a randomized controlled clinical trial. Int Urol Nephrol. 2011;43(1):55-59.