1. Terrell DR, Beebe LA, Vesely SK, et al. The incidence of immune thrombocytopenic purpura in children and adults: a critical review of published reports. Am J Hematol. 2010;85(3):174-180.
2. Terrell DR, Beebe LA, Neas BR, et al. Prevalence of primary immune thrombocytopenia in Oklahoma. Am J Hematol. 2012;87(9):848-852.
3. Neunert C, Lim W, Crowther M, et al. The American Society of Hematology 2011 evidence-based practice guideline for immune thrombocytopenia. Blood. 2011;117(16):4190-4207.
4. Gudbrandsdottir S, Birgens HS, Frederiksen H, et al. Rituximab and dexamethasone vs dexamethasone monotherapy in newly diagnosed patients with primary immune thrombocytopenia. Blood. 2013;121(11):1976-1981.
5. Liu QC, Wu WH, Wu DY, et al. Clinical observation on the treatment of childhood refractory idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura with Dihuang Zhixue Capsule. Chin J Integr Med. 2008;14(2):132-136.
6. Platelet Disorder Support Association. http://www.pdsa.org/. Accessed August 10, 2014.
7. Natural Standard. https://naturalmedicines.therapeuticresearch.com/databases.aspx. Accessed August 10, 2014.
8. Qu Y, Xu J, Jiao C, et al. Long-term outcomes of laparoscopic splenectomy versus open splenectomy for idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura. Int Surg. 2014;99(3):286-290.