1. Sleet DA, Dahlberg LL, Basavaraju SV, et al. Injury prevention, violence prevention, and trauma care: building the scientific base. MMWR Surveill Summ. 2011;60(Suppl 4):78-85.
2. Murphy SL, Xu J, Kochanek KD. Deaths: final data for 2010. Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2013;61(4):1-117.
3. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Center for Injury Prevention and Control. Webbased Injury Statistics Query and Reporting System (WISQARS). http://www.cdc.gov/injury/wisqars.
4. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Division of Violence Prevention Annual Report 2011. http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pdf/dvp_annualreport_2011.pdf.
5. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control. Leading Causes of Death 2011. http://www.cdc.gov/injury/wisqars/pdf/leading_causes_of_death_by_age_group_2011-a.pdf.
6. Mack KA, Rudd RA, Mickalide AD, et al. Fatal unintentional injuries in the home in the U.S., 2000-2008. Am J Prev Med. 2013;44(3):239-246.
7. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Suicide Statistics at a Glance. www.cdc.gov/ViolencePrevention/suicide/statistics/index.html.
8. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Injury Prevention and Control: Motor Vehicle Safety. http://www.cdc.gov/Motorvehiclesafety.
9. Curry P, Ramaiah R, Vavilala MS. Current trends and update on injury prevention. Int J Crit Illn Inj Sci. 2011;1(1):57-65.
10. World Health Organization. World Report on Road Traffic Injury and Prevention. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2004. http://whqlibdoc.who.int/publications/2004/9241562609.pdf?ua=1.
11. Committee on Injury, Violence, and Poison Prevention. Policy statement—role of the pediatrician in youth violence prevention. Pediatrics. 2009;124(1):393-402.
12. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control. National Action Plan for Child Injury Prevention. Atlanta, GA: CDC, NICP; 2012. www.cdc.gov/safechild/pdf/National_Action_Plan_for_Child_Injury_Prevention.pdf
13. Donnerstein E. Internet bullying. Pediatr Clin North Am. 2012;59(3):623-633.
14. Moyer VA. Screening for intimate partner violence and abuse of elderly and vulnerable adults: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommendation statement. Ann Intern Med. 2013;158(6):478-486.
15. U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Recommendations. www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/Page/Name/recommendations.
16. Field JM, Hazinski MF, Sayre MR, et al. Part 1: executive summary: 2010 American Heart Association guidelines for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency cardiovascular care. Circulation. 2010;122(18)(Suppl 3):S640-S656.
17. Armstrong C. Evaluation and management of concussion in athletes: recommendations from the AAN. Am Fam Physician. 2014;89(7):585-587.
18. Mowry JB, Spyker DA, Cantilena LR Jr, et al. 2012 annual report of the American Association of Poison Control Centers' National Poison Data System (NPDS). Clin Toxicol. 2013;51(10):949-1229.